Skin looking greyish? Eyes lost their twinkle?
And how is that tummy of yours… Bloating? Burping…?
Rest assured you are not alone!
Digestive health is one of the most common yet under studied areas in modern medicine, yet it is one of the key systems in creating energy and feeling beautiful!
Its lucky we have wonderful tummy experts like Kimbery Snyder, author of ‘The Beauty Detox Solution’ for tips on how to lose the food baby and renew our sparkle.
Working with the likes of Fergie, Hilary Duff and Drew Barrymore, she knows a thing or two about how to give ourselves an energy kick, shed some fat and glow from the inside out – all without crazy calorie counting or cutting carbs.
“The less energy we tie up in digestion, the more energy we can “unlock” to spread through our bodies and confer beauty benefits” she says.
So what are some of her tummy tips to get that gorgeous glow?
1. You are not a tiger – don’t eat like one!
So many people are eating animal proteins every day, sometimes for 3 meals a day! Our stomachs just aren’t designed to tolerate that much. Take it easy on the steak and kidney pie and opt for veggie options when available. For meat lovers, this can be hard at first, so a good habit to start is meatless Mondays 😊 every week!
2. Alkaline first!
Before any meal, try to have some high-fiber alkaline foods like raw carrot sticks or a garden salad. This will ensure you’re getting your fiber needs, but more importantly, will help to balance your ph balance before you load up on saucy, starchy or meaty meals which are very acidic for our bodies.
3. Skip breakfast
Yes, that’s right!
Well, maybe that’s a bit extreme… But
eating breakfast like a king and dinner like a pauper is a health myth… and its high time everyone stopped forcing breakfast into their mouths to “kick start their metabolism”
Our bodies didn’t evolve like that. Breakfast should be eaten when we first feel hungry in the day, not because cereal companies are telling you to chow down corn flakes at 7am.
You will have more energy if you actually delay your morning meal until you are feeling hungry – when the best thing to eat is fruit, a green smoothie or a fresh vegetable juice!
One look at Kim and its easy to see how this way of eating has its beauty benefits…
Her signature glowing green smoothie recipe is a big hit in LA, see the recipe below and watch your inner beauty shine through 😊
4-5 large handfuls of leafy greens – Kim recommends romaine lettuce, kale and spinach
Parsley or Coriander (if taste doesn’t bother you – very detoxifying)
1 liter of water (filtered is best!)
1 Apple (cored)
Juice ½ Lemon
1 cup Ice
Place ingredients in a big blender (the more powerful, the better and more appetizing your smoothies) – water and greens first, blitz, then add fruit and ice.
Blend until smooth.
Tip – use seasonal fruits – if apples aren’t available, substitute with peaches or whatever is lying around! Fresh is best.
BY AZUSA HYDE
- Eat yourself beautiful: Top Hollywood nutritionist Kimberly Snyder launches new book about looking great from the inside out (dailymail.co.uk)
- beauty booster (makingitwithmila.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Snacking (chatwithketch.wordpress.com)
- Natural Juices and Green Smoothies from “The Juice Lady” (sweeptight.com)
- Green Smoothies Are The New Coffee: 7 Reasons You Should Drink Them + 2 Of The Best Green Smoothie Recipes Ever (simplyrealhealthblog.com)
- Top 5 Filling Raw Breakfast Smoothies (lifestyledezine.com)
- Uma Thurman hired dietician at castle (contactmusic.com)
- Drew Barrymore lost baby weight with holistic detox plan (examiner.com)
- The Beauty Detox Solution: Eat Your Way to Radiant Skin, Renewed Energy and the Body You’ve Always Wanted (healthbeauty76.wordpress.com)